Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Introductions

Hawaii is my favorite place on earth, but that statement doesn’t distinguish me from the throngs of tourists or people who dream of going to Hawaii. I love Hawaii not only for the rhythm of its warm turquoise waves, swaying palm trees, baby powder sands, nor solely the intoxicating scent of its flowers, or its succulent fruits, or its golden warm weather. No, because that could describe just about any tropical place on earth. I love Hawaii for its aloha! Aloha is commonly known as a Hawaiian word of greeting, farewell, and love. It’s also known for meanings such as affection, peace, mercy, and compassion. But the true meaning of aloha and the aloha spirit, encompasses much more than that; it’s a way of life. Aloha is a way of living and treating each other with love and respect. Its deep meaning starts by teaching ourselves to love our own beings first and afterwards to spread the love to others.

I am on a personal quest to seek out joy, beauty, and serenity in each day. I am going to do this by focusing on all the things I love; my family, children, sewing, interior design, photography, organizing, gardening, food, and travel. As I discover my own creations or stumble upon those of others, I will share anything that makes me feel joyous, inspired, amazed, thankful, or peaceful. I am doing this for myself and anyone else I can reach and I am going to document it with this blog. Welcome to the treasure chest of all my favorite things!

My highest hope for this blog is that it will inspire you to find your aloha, to look for joy in every day, and scatter it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails