Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Thursday, July 8, 2010

4-step wine glass charms

I have been looking for wine glass charms for awhile now. I almost landed on these from World Market, but then I had an idea! What if I could make chalkboard medallion charms? How fun would that be? You can just monogram your charm with some chalk and now there's no need to remember which charm you picked at the beginning of the evening, which, yes, I have found challenging at times ;) 


Ok, now here is how I did it...


Supplies: 
  • 1” wooden circles 
  • Jewelry kidney wire, 
  • 9mm jewelry split rings
  • chalkboard paint
I found all of these in the jewelry making aisles of Joann's and also Ben Franklin, minus the paint which was on the next aisle over. It all totaled about $10 with the paint hogging the majority of the budget.

STEP 1:
Make a small hole in each circle using a nail.

STEP 2:
Paint the circles using the chalkboard paint. Let dry.

STEP 3:
Once dry, twist the jewelry split rings through the whole in the circles (like threading a key chain)

STEP 4:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails