Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Thursday, July 22, 2010

DIY classy cookbook

Lately, I have really focused on trying to make cooking more fun. I have never been one to love cooking. I love food and I love to eat, I just dont enjoy the process and mostly its because I dont want to clean up the mess it makes. I would so rather be sewing, shopping, blogging, etc. But, alas a person has to eat, so out of necessity I have to make myself cook and in these leaner times its one of the best ways to save money too.

I needed a way to organize my recipes and have them easily accessible and visible which exponentially increases the chances of me actually using them. I came up with the idea to store and display my recipes in a flip album and whats even better is it also serves as a cookbook stand too. No more sticky fingers prints on the cookbooks! I searched high and low for the perfect flip photo album to showcase my recipes. Here is one similiar to mine.

I have been posting my favorite recipes and you can download the entire recipe with pictures if you click on them and then right click to save. I did this with all my recipes and then I opened them in a photo editor and resized them to 4x6". I printed them all off and then cut them to fit in the protective slots of the flip album.
Next, I cut out a 4x6" square of some scrapbook paper and added some foam lettering I bought at the dollar store. For the lucky readers out there with a Cricut or Silhouette, you could design something really cool!
Here is the finished result...


Reminder: Be sure to enter my April Cornell giveaway while you are here! Ends July 28th.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails