Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Mac N Cheese you wont forget!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Fourth of July weekend! We had a wonderful relaxed holiday here at home. Our neighborhood goes all out, no-holds-barred for every holiday. You would think our neighborhood would need their own electric company when you see their Christmas displays. When we first moved into the neighborhood I had to peel my jaw off the ground when I saw how extravagantly everyone turned their porches into haunted spaces and their yards into eerie cemeteries for Halloween. We had been warned that the Fourth of July put all the other holidays to shame. I expected it to be just crazy around here given the enthusiasm for holidays, the fact that we live in the country, and because fireworks are legal here. I was in no way prepared for the mayhem that went down in my community from July 3rd through the 4th! The whole neighborhood turned out for a impromptu and casual block party while setting off what must have been thousands of dollars worth of pyrotechnics. We had a great time! Our neighbors on either side of us were grilling so we supplied some southern style sides. I made Zach's grandmother's fresh squeezed lemonade, which I would love to share the recipe for, however, its a family recipe I dare not leak! I had never made home-style mac n cheese before but had a craving for it so I took a basic recipe and I changed it so much I created my own recipe... which I AM sharing! :)



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails