Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Pick Your Own...'cause these are MINE!


One of my husband and I's favorite family pastimes is to go to U-pick farms and harvest berries, produce, flowers, you name it. We were planning on going this weekend to pick blueberries, blackberries, and lavender but we have decided to go on an impromptu camping trip to the Whidbey/Camano Islands instead. Just because we cant go berry picking this weekend doesn't mean you cant, so I still wanted to share this awesome website with you! To find a pick-your-own farm near you check out this site, PickYourOwn.org.  Late July and August are the best for finding a wide array of ripe fruits and veggies. This is an awesome site that I have been using for years. You click on the country and state of your choice and it organizes all the farms based on counties. Before you grab your berry buckets, make a quick call to the farms. The website tries to stay as up-to-date as possible with hours and closures but you don't want to show up at the farm, drooling with anticipation only to find they are closed that day or worse yet closed up shop for good.

I wish you all a berry-stained-fingers-and-faces kind of weekend! When I return from our camping trip I hope to have some good pictures of a special campfire treat I have been waiting to share with you!


Linked to Friday Fun Finds @ Kojo Designs, A Few Of My Favorite Things,

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails