Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Upcycle Sweaters into Trendy Winter Hats with Deviantly Domesticated {guest post}

Guest posting for us today is Stephanie from Deviantly Domesticated. I originally found Stephanie and her uber-awesome site through a mutual friend I went to college with back in Colorado. I am actually back in her neck of the woods today as we are visiting family for Christmas. I am so excited to see what Stephanie has for us today! She is so resourceful and her sewing projects will knock your socks off, unless ofcourse that is what she is sewing ;) She is a fellow upcycler and I am constantly in awe of her. I hope you enjoy her as much as I do!


When I quit my 9-5 job almost 3 years ago, I knew that I wanted to explore a more creative, authentic ME. And what I have discovered along the way is that often the things we need are the very things we already have. Whether it is crafting, like this DIY winter hat, or changing a whole lifestyle, starting with the question "what do I have?" has proven to be very helpful.


So for instance, when I fell in love with this style of furry hat (seen in stores EVERYWHERE this season!), I knew that a) I REALLY wanted one for our holiday mountain trip, and b) that I could use materials I already owned to create it. About an hour later I had this creation in hand, and I am so excited to share with you all how to make one yourself! All you'll need is a used sweater, some faux fur or fleece (I cut apart a body pillow cover), some scrap yarn, and the following instructions!


Thank you, Emily, for this fun opportunity to create something new and share it with your wonderful readers! Merry Christmas Everyone!

Warmly,
Stephanie H. from Deviantly Domesticated

Thanks Stephanie! I LOVE this tutorial! I have always loved this style and have a couple from back in high school but I never thought to make one myself. You all know I have a soft spot in my heart for sweater upcycling! I just love everything Stephanie comes up with. Her site, Deviantly Domesticated, is so super uber cool. It is a neat hybrid blog with a community of deviantly domesticated ladies adding to her daily content. You can always count on finding lots of inspiration at Deviantly Domesticated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails