Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Saturday, April 9, 2011

DIY Easter Toddler Tie


Happy weekend everyone! I am adapting this project from the FMA archives while there's still plenty of time before Easter.  I originally sewed this fun toddler tie for my son to wear last Father's Day. While rummaging through my son's closet taking inventory for an Easter outfit, I ran across this tie and was happy to see it still fits my little guy. Wouldn't it make for such a cute Easter outfit? Since this was one of my first 15 posts, I figured many of you haven't seen it. If you're interested in making one for the little men in your life read on for the step-by-step picture tutorial.

Step One:    Use one of Dad's ties as a pattern and lay it on top of your fabric. I chose this fun blue polka dot from Moda. Leave 2 inches on either side of the tie and cut.
Step Two:    With the extra fabric cut an extra point of the tie out. This should resemble a triangle. Hold the points together, front sides of fabric facing each other, and sew the points together.
Step Three:  Turn newly sewn point inside-out and iron flat.
Step Four:  Fold tie in half lengthwise, with front of fabric facing each other and sew the seam lengthwise as pictured.
Step Five:  Once you have sewn the long lengthwise seam, turn it inside-out so front of fabric shows (technically its actually outside-out but whatever, you get the point.)
Step Six: Tuck a 1/2" of the blunt skinny end of the tie back inside itself and sew shut to finish it. Lay the tie flat and iron.


And now, because I can't resist a trip down memory lane, here's my little guy on his first Easter...

And again, last Easter...

Doesn't he look dapper in his blazer and saddle shoes?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails