Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Monday, August 1, 2011

Sewing projects- A Baby Quilt & Nursing Cover

So, my in-laws have arrived here in Alaska! Even though we have been busy, busy, busy showing them around the last frontier, I did have a few moments to work on a couple of my pregnant friend's baby projects. It seems like a majority of my girlfriends are either pregnant or new mothers lately! I love it because it gives me an excuse to make fun accessories for them!

My friend Beth is due in September with a boy and has been having a hard time settling on baby bedding. I suggested we go to the fabric store and see if anything inspired her. We landed on four fabrics that are absolutely darling together! We both like how they are reminiscent of a vintage storybook palette.


We decided to stay with a homemade cozy look in a patchwork quilt. We have the center piece done, and just need to sew on the 5' trim and thick minky backing. I have always wanted to pick stitch a quilt so we are toying with the idea of trying it on this project.


This picture is of Beth with the beginnings of her baby's quilt. It is so fun to help her hand craft something she will treasure and be able to pass down through her family's generations.

My new friend Kati is also due the same week as Beth, but she is expecting a girl! For her shower, I made her one of my nursing covers. I just love this fabric!


This nursing cover will be available in this fabric soon in FMA's shop. If you would like to make one yourself, you can find the pattern I shared earlier here.


Well, I am going to go join our guests for now. I hope to checking back in soon with another master bedroom update. I think I have landed on a gorgeous color for my dresser...finally!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails