Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Reupholstering the ottoman

I'm taking a brief hiatus from holiday postings to bring you a project I've been working on. I don't know if you remember, but back in November, when revealing my new family room, I hinted of a project coming soon. Well, this is it! I reupholstered the ottoman in the family room! I found a great ikat pattern at JoAnn's. I love how the trendiness of ikat keeps the space fresh, yet the colors of it still lends itself to the lodgy chalet I am going for in there.

Here's a shot of the ottoman before... 




And here's a look after...










I just flipped this guy over and attacked it with my staple gun. Haha, I mean I carefully folded and stretched 
the fabric over the edges and stapled it to the bottom of the cushion. Since I cheated and didn't take the legs
 off, I created a bias tape with the left over fabric and finished the legs off.

easy peasy!


hehe, yes, that's Nate on TV. I just love him :)

Shared on Blue Cricket Design & Someday Crafts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails