Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Saturday, January 15, 2011

{DIY} Craigslist TV Stand to Custom Mudroom


Hotel living is starting to wear on me. While there are many nice things associated to not having to maintain a home, I miss having a home, and I really miss having a childproofed home! Anyway, while I wait for moving day I am keeping myself busy by planning for my new home. Read on for my latest big idea...

I have always dreamed of having mudrooms like these...



Not the most practical thing to want as a military wife since we are moving every 3 years. Our new house doesn't have a mudroom either, but I came up with a brilliant idea of how to give it one. Since this is a rental I can't build in a mudroom, but what if I made a portable one? One that can go with me to all my houses too! Best. Idea. Ever! All I am going to need is a cheap, old entertainment center...

I have already been trolling the Anchorage craigslist. I found these listed for $30 and really either would fit the bill for my modifications...


My hubby is really supportive and very innovative himself, but sometimes he needs some help understanding my vision. When I saw the "she's lost her marbles" look on his face, I didn't want to lose him or my readers on this one so I made up an illustration...

See the possibilities? Wouldn't it be grand? The best part is that I could let myself fall in love with it because it would be moving with me! So, let's just hope the lady emails me back! ;)

I have couple other projects in the works and I'll be sharing them soon! What have you guys been up to? Any new year's projects?

You can also see where this has been featured here:
UndertheTableandDreaming 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails