Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Bit of Bavaria

I played yesterday and didnt have time to make a typical post so I thought I'd let you share in the fun I had and Ill return to my normal posting tomorrow.


My Father-in-law and Brother-in-law are visiting us from Colorado this week and Monday we decided to take them to Leavenworth! No, not the prison but a charming bavarian village tucked away in the sunny Cascade mountains! This is a year-round favorite destination of ours. In the winter, we enjoy apres-ski after a day on the slopes and in the summer we saunter around poking in and out of boutiques and wineries. Today was such a gorgeous day! We had so much fun snacking on German sausages, sampling German beers, and sipping on wine. I thought I'd share some of the highlights of the town, and lucky enough some of them you can order online and taste a bit of Bavaria too!

First of all, this is Schocolat and it is tucked away in a darling little boutique. It features handmade European and Belgian style truffles....mmm....I'm still licking the chocolate off my fingers as I type ;)


And lastly, let me introduce you to the BEST winery Washington has to offer. Kestrel is an exceptional vintner with a little something for everyone. They are especially known for their really affordable Lady in Red line that can be found nationwide. We are members of their wine club and cant recommend them enough. Their 2005 Raptor Red and 2006 Co-Ferment Syrah tie for the best glass of wine I have ever had!
         

If you have never heard of Leavenworth, WA, it is fascinating! The entire mountain town is set in a Bavarian motif complete with German bakeries, beers, and weiner schnitzel! The town hosts awesome festivals year round and USA Today rated Leavenworth one of the USA's top 10 Christmas towns! If you are planning a visit to Washington state, you should add this to your list!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails