Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Pieces of Inspiration

Have you seen Man Shops Globe on the Sundance channel? If not, you NEED to! I am so anamored with this show! It follows Anthropologie's buyer Keith Johnson around the world as he selects items for their store.


my. dream. job.
Anyway, this season premiere followed Keith to Thailand as he sought to refresh Anthropologie's quilt line. He explained that Anthropologie quilts layers and layers of beautiful saris together when assembling their bedding. This inspired me. No, not to blow my nest egg on new bedding but to create one myself! I love things that are reminiscent of history and the past while still fitting with today's designs. A quilt in and of itself evokes a sense of past and when paired with current colors, textures, and patterns I'm hoping it will bring comfort and style to my modern home. I have started collecting antique and vintage linens, along with any other fabrics I come across that I love. The quest for inspiring patches of fabric is sooo fun! Here is what I have so far...

Isnt it just so juicy and fun? Can you see what I am going for? This is going to be a comforting quilt to snuggle up with my hunny watching movies! Wish me luck! I have never quilted in my life and I am flying by the seat of my pants on this one! I will update you on my progress.

I hope you all had a great weekend! FMA had a GREAT weekend! My blog was featured/highlighted 5 times! I am so honored!!! I created a new tab at top titled "Featured" so you can visit these lovely blogs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails