Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Grown-Up Grilled Cheese

I am enjoying summer. I dont want it to be over yet. Here in the Pacific NW we haven't gotten a true summer in my opinion so I am not quite ready for Fall. Autumn is hands down my favorite season and oh boy do I have some awesome posts in store but I NEED more sunshine before I bore down for the drizzly winter ahead. To my chagrin, the last few days here haven't resembled summer at all. Cloudy, dark, and in the 50's and 60's. Not what you would expect for August! Anyway, it was so cold I pulled out an old comfort food....Grilled Cheese and Campbell's Tomato Soup! 
Mmmm mmmmm good! I had to get creative with the traditional grilled cheese to get my hubby to eat it. He hates cheese. Well, I am happy to report that he loved my Grown-Up Grilled Cheese, and even asked me to pack it in his lunch for the next day! WOW! Seriously though, you gotta try this! So yum! Here's my recipe...

I used a pre-made Mediterranean spread I bought in the produce section. If you cant find it or want to make your own all you have to do is puree fresh basil and oregano, garlic, and bell pepper with olive oil. Similar to making a pesto.
Linked up to Somewhat Simple, Fireflies and Jellybeans, Finding Fabulous, Fingerprints on the Fridge, The Shabby Nest, Tidy Mom, Chic On A Shoestring Decorating , A Few of My Favorite Things, Tatertots and Jello, Funky Junk Interiors, Beat Until Fluffy, Under the Table and Dreaming, Good Cheap Eats

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails