Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sarah's House...

With the upcoming move on my brain lately I have been dreaming of what I want to do in my new house. Just for the record, I don't have a house in Alaska yet, but planning for new decor is what keeps me sane during these moves. I am looking for inspiration from one of my favorite designers, Sarah Richardson of HGTV's Sarah's House. I feel like we were design twins separated at birth.

In this season's farmhouse she is melding her antique finds with a modern day sensibility. Her house is so comfortable. Its so fun to see her pops of color and excellent fabrics. I am ready to move right in. Below is the farmhouse kitchen...
I have a color crush on yellows and greys. I adore the fabric she used for the roman shade and the antique brass pendant light above the kitchen sink.
What I love about this living room is how she kept it neutral and used her textiles to add her color. This is a great example of how to unobtrusively customize your space if you are renting, which we probably will be doing. 
This bedroom is from her farmhouse. The bed is a rare antique and the quilt dates back to the 1800's! There are a few things I would do differently to make it my own but I love the bones of this room and how it depicts how antiques and found objects can be incorporated into everyday design.
Doesn't this make you want to be invited to Sarah's House for dinner? This cottage style dining room is just dreamy. So light and airy! Don't those wingback chairs look so comfy?
I l.o.v.e. that headboard! I love how it has such a strong pattern and she balanced it with simple bedding and solid punches of color on the pillows. Such a fun juicy room! Too bad it will remain in my dreams. My husband would veto this room in a red hot second! 

Have you seen Sarah's House? It airs Saturdays at 8:30pm on HGTV. You can also catch up on her episodes online here.

All photos are courtesy of Sarah Richardson Design

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails