Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Deviantly Domesticated



I have someone I have been meaning to introduce you to...Stephanie Hillberry. I found Stephanie through a dear college friend. Stephanie has started an awesome new site and forum for us creatives and crafters....Deviantly Domesticated. Her site has taken the common link party to a new dimension! What is this new site about? Well, it all started when Stephanie traded in her "resume and suit for an apron and a blog"....
"WHEN WE HEAR THE WORD “DEVIANT,” we often think about teenagers with mohawks or couples with odd fetishes. Or we associate it with the word “devious,” which suggests something sinister or shady.
For me, however, “deviant” just means a jaunt off the well-beaten trail–a “deviation” from the normal expectations and patterns. It was, for instance, a deviation for me to quit my 9-5 career in a respectable field to stay home and bake, knit, write and create. I was, essentially, trading in my resume and suit for an apron and blog. And in the process of this transformation, I started recognizing others doing the same thing. Not exactly the same thing, of course, but deviating none the less. Like the stay-at-home mom I know who creates and sells jewelry through an online store, or the engineer who loves to bake elaborate treats for friends and family during her spare time."
Read on to see more from Deviantly Domesticated...

Deviantly Domesticated (DD) is a wonderful place to share, be inspired, and meet other creative gals! This is just a sampling of some of the fun stuff posted on DD...
Click here to go see her Chalk Mat
Click here to see her recipe


















Go check out Deviantly Domesticated! You will be glad you did!

I also wanted to take this time to thank Stephanie for a beautiful feature she did of me and my blog awhile ago. I was so honored when I traced back a visitor to this gorgeous compliation of some of my projects...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails