Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Starbucks' Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate...IS BACK!

It's back!!!!!

No, you are not dreaming or sleep-blogging...it's TRUE!! I saw it with my own eyes and sipped it my own lips! Starbucks has brought back the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate!

I am going to give that last sentence some time to marinate...

Today, while meeting with my gal pal for a cup of joe, my eyes caught a glimpse of something on the menu. It's odd I noticed it really, but there it was, down in the very bottom right-hand corner in humble print, "Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate". {Insert mind blowing, earth shattering, clock stopping SHRIEK!!!! here} My startled barista surely thought I was loony. I immediately ordered and then dialed my hubby to gloat, err... share the good news.

I am so glad Starbucks had a change of heart and brought my favorite drink back. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, says to Fall to me like a cup of this hot chocolate. I can deduce that this drink single-handedly makes up for at least 1/4th of the baby weight I gained in 2008. And now, post losing all said baby weight, I would do it all over again! This sweet, salty, chocolate, caramel, velvety beverage is worth every calorie.

If you are sitting here reading this and don't know first-hand what I am talking about...WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE? Seriously walk...no, RUN to your neighborhood Starbucks and beg your barista for a cup! Seriously!

I am fairly certain this is a nationwide drink now. Since I live in the Seattle area, sometimes they promo stuff in the local stores first. If you are so unlucky as to not have it on your menu, don't fret, you can turn your luck around. I used to work for Starbucks, so here's how you can still order it...

Ask for a Hot Chocolate
Have them add Toffee Nut syrup and caramel sauce.
If they don't have the fancy Fleur de Sel salt/Hawaiian turbinado sugar sprinkles, then I suggest taking it home and adding your own. Just like margaritas and body shots, it's just not the same without the salt. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails