Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Monday, September 20, 2010

DIY Autumn Rub-on Transfer Decor


Remember my homemade glass hurricanes? Well, I decided to spiff them up a bit with some rub-on transfers. Rub-on transfers are such an easy and economical way to change up your seasonal decor, and because they are removable you can switch it for every season.  I just love these Fall transfers...awww owls! Read on, to see my picture tutorial...


Gather up vases, ceramic pots, votive candle holders, etc. In this case, I used my homemade hurricanes. You will need to find some rub-on transfers. You can find these at any craft store or scrapbook boutique. I found mine at my local fabric store...


Cut out the design you wish to use, and press it to the surface of the vase or item of your choice. Start rubbing the transfer onto the surface with a popsicle stick or stiff spatula. Work your way out from the middle to avoid creases.


After you have firmly adhered the transfer, slowly start to peel off the outer film. Once you are done it will look like this...


Best part? It's all temporary and can simply be removed when you are tired of it! Great way to change up decor with the change of the seasons!

I am linking to these AWESOME parties.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails