Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fran's Sea Salt Caramels


Oh boy! Are you in store for a treat! Today, I am introducing you to Fran's Salt Caramels. Your life will never be the same! :)

I have lived here in the Seattle area for over 3 years now and I have really enjoyed delving into the local eats and attractions. One of my favorite finds, second only to Duke's Chowder House, is Fran's Chocolates. To be even more specific, Fran's Sea Salt Caramels. I just loooove how the sea salt enhances the flavors of the caramel, but this is probably doesnt surprise you after I posted about Starbucks' Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate huh? Anyway, Fran's has been a Seattleite favorite for 25 years now, but she has recently enjoyed more widespread fame after President Obama and Mrs. Obama declared her sea salt caramels to be their favorite candy after trying some during a Seattle campaign stop. The caramels come in two varieties, Smoked Salt Milk Chocolate and Grey Salt Dark Chocolate. The President likes the Smoked Salt, while the First Lady prefers the Grey. I have to say I am respectfully siding with the First Lady on this one. And as if a presidential endorsement weren't enough, Fran's has recently been featured in the New York Times, The Today Show, Cooking Light Magazine, and even Martha Stewart Living.

These mouthwatering, sophisticated chocolates are absolutely irresistable! Lucky you, even if you arent in the Seattle area you are still able to try these tasty morsels! Fran's is online at franschocolates.com and even here on Amazon. You should think about bookmarking this for gift ideas. I love to send these as holiday gifts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails