Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Monday, October 11, 2010

My Spooky Mantle

I just added the finishing touches to my spooky mantle. I have been assembling it for a few weeks now. I handmade pretty much everything up there! I am so pleased that I was able to put my own touches on everything. I just love it, and best of all, it passed the husband test. He said it's "the best Halloween display he's seen." Aww...what a keeper! ;)

Read on for some mini tutorials and neat links to how I did it...

This is what my mantle looked like before:


I knew I wanted to change it up and add a big clock, so I borrowed the one hanging on my office wall. I wanted to give the mantle some character so I hung the clock with chain from the ceiling....
All you need to recreate the look are some ring hangers, hooks & eyes, and light weight chain, all which I found at the hardware store for under $5. I really like how it adds some architecture to the space.

Next up, I made these Candy Corn Topiaries I saw Candice and Nicole make over at Crafty Sisters...
I picked up a bag of candy corn, two styrofoam balls, and a dowel. I broke my dowel in two and painted them black. Next I started hot glueing the corns to the balls. I mounted the balls onto the dowels. Stuck them in votive holders filled with gravel from my backyard, and then covered the bases in gathered farbic! Easy peasy, and so cute!

After seeing it on several link parties, I framed the free printable Jessica at Craftily Ever After made. Isn't it adorable? Thanks Jessica! By the way, Jessica's blog is brand new and so adorable so make sure to stop by and welcome her to blogosphere!
I filled my DIY Candlestick Hurricanes with bags and bags of candy corn. It adds pops of color and just look so festive. Doesn't the candy corn add a bit of childish whimsy?

To spook up my candles I just bought some cool looking laser cut stickers from the scrapbooking aisle and simply stuck them right onto my candleholder and with my bigger candle (which I don't light) I stuck right onto the candle itself.

All that was left to add was our Boo Tree (an $8 twisty tree from Walmart that we decorate every year with handmade sparkly pom-pom ornaments), my Boo Banner, and some black spider webbing.

It's so festive at my house now! I'm loving it! Here's a before and after shot...

What having you been decorating? Please share! :)

I am linking to these awesome sites and link parties, and I have entered the Handmade Halloween Contest over at Entertain Exchange!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails