Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sausage & White Bean Cassoulet


I have been wanting to try a Cassoulet recipe ever since I saw it featured on a local TV show last fall. It just sounds so cozy, hearty, and harvesty! When I happened upon a Sausage and White Bean Cassoulet on the FoodNetwork.com, I knew it was fate. This meal stopped my husband and my house guest in their tracks. Even my toddler loved it. One of the best things about it is the way my house smelled while it simmered...mmmm! Read on for the recipe!

I decided to adapt the original recipe to be a little easier and halved it since it originally served 12! I used canned beans instead of dried so that saved me alot of time allowed me to skip several steps and ingredients. Click here to see the original Food Network recipe.


While the sausage is baking and the beans are simmering, fry up your bacon. Add the vegetable to the fat and cook until the onions are translucent.
Next, add all the meats and spices...
 
Once that has blended, add the meat-vegetable mixture to the pot of beans...
Next, add the tomato paste, beef broth, wine, and salt and pepper...
Let that all simmer for about 20 minutes, then serve and enjoy! Might I add that a loaf of homemade bread is a cassoulet's soulmate.
This is seriously so delicious! An absolute new family favorite, perfect for a snuggly fall evening!

I am linking to these awesome sites and link parties.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails