Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Toddler Costume Party



So after all the talk about planning my toddler's costume party, I thought you might actually like to see how it turned out. This my first time hosting a Halloween party, so I have been posting alot about party ideas and offering my creations as printables all week. Well, the party was on Friday and I am happy to report it was a HUGE success! We had 10 children show up, the majority of which were under 2 years old. Is there anything cuter than babies in costumes? We had a cowboy, a pumpkin, Tinkerbell, twins as Lion and Dorothy (Wizard of Oz), Bob the Builder, a dinosaur, a mermaid, a dragon, and of course my lil owl! That many children and toddlers calls for alot of thoughtful planning. I set up the playroom so they could burn off energy with the adult sitting area and treat table in the adjacent room. In the living room I set up the coffee table for crafting paper plate masks. And in the kitchen I laid down Dollar Store tablecloths on the floor under the kiddie picnic table for snacking on messy cupcakes.

Here is a shot of the treat table...
The treat table consisted of:
  • Candy Corn Monster Mash (Bag of chex mix, fall colored M&M's, candy corn, and melted chocolate)
  • Cheesy Popcorn (popcorn sprinkled with a cheese packet from a box of Mac & Cheese)
  • Pumpkin Fluff & Gingersnaps (can of pumpkin pie mix blended with cool whip)
  • Juice boxes and Take & Toss sippy cups (decorated with Halloween stickers)
  • Red velvet cupcakes
  • Breakfast casserole
  • Treat bags (Halloween stickers, stamps, bubbles, toothbrushes, glow sticks, tatoos, crayons, cars, fairy wands, etc)
  • Large Bibs (cut out of Dollar Store Tableclothes)

We were so lucky to have a beautiful day so we could take the kids outside for a pumpkin hunt (mini pumpkins filled with candy scattered over the lawn and landscaping). After they collected all the pumpkins we rounded them up in front of my neighbor's garden corn and took a group photo.

Everyone had a great time and most importantly, my son had a blast!

I hope you all have a great weekend and a Happy Halloween! We are so excited to take our son trick or treating with our neighbors tomorrow. I think he is going to love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails