So after all the talk about planning my toddler's costume party, I thought you might actually like to see how it turned out. This my first time hosting a Halloween party, so I have been posting alot about party ideas and offering my creations as printables all week. Well, the party was on Friday and I am happy to report it was a HUGE success! We had 10 children show up, the majority of which were under 2 years old. Is there anything cuter than babies in costumes? We had a cowboy, a pumpkin, Tinkerbell, twins as Lion and Dorothy (Wizard of Oz), Bob the Builder, a dinosaur, a mermaid, a dragon, and of course my lil owl! That many children and toddlers calls for alot of thoughtful planning. I set up the playroom so they could burn off energy with the adult sitting area and treat table in the adjacent room. In the living room I set up the coffee table for crafting paper plate masks. And in the kitchen I laid down Dollar Store tablecloths on the floor under the kiddie picnic table for snacking on messy cupcakes.
Here is a shot of the treat table...
- Candy Corn Monster Mash (Bag of chex mix, fall colored M&M's, candy corn, and melted chocolate)
- Cheesy Popcorn (popcorn sprinkled with a cheese packet from a box of Mac & Cheese)
- Pumpkin Fluff & Gingersnaps (can of pumpkin pie mix blended with cool whip)
- Juice boxes and Take & Toss sippy cups (decorated with Halloween stickers)
- Red velvet cupcakes
- Breakfast casserole
- Treat bags (Halloween stickers, stamps, bubbles, toothbrushes, glow sticks, tatoos, crayons, cars, fairy wands, etc)
- Large Bibs (cut out of Dollar Store Tableclothes)
Everyone had a great time and most importantly, my son had a blast!
I hope you all have a great weekend and a Happy Halloween! We are so excited to take our son trick or treating with our neighbors tomorrow. I think he is going to love it!