First things first, lets talk invitations. I am a traditionalist when it comes to invitations. I love how they set the tone for an event and let guests know what to expect. I wanted these invites to be unique and a tad bit sophisticated. I made a printed insert out of pearlized cardstock that fit into a sort of envelope that I made out of a gray Bazill and a pearlized patterned scrapbook paper. This is what it looks like when you pull it out of the envelope...
And this is what the printed insert looks like...
No, the picture isnt blurry, I had to pixelate some of the more personal info before posting this.
For the decor, I didnt want to be too cheesy or overdone so I opted to make a couple paper chandeliers.
How to make the paper chandies:
- Cut out a couple different sizes of circles from cardstock
- String 3-5 circles by running a stitch over them using a sewing machine or just tape them to a string
- Cut out a 18' donut shaped circle out of an old cardboard box
- Cover the donut shapped circle by wrapping it with ribbon or paint it
- Attach the strings of circles to the larger donut shaped circle and your done!
Click HERE to download the Memories Of Mom activity
I am linking to these awesome link parties and sites!