Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A ceiling fan makeover by The Inspired Nest {Guest Post}

The lovely Lacy from The Inspired Nest is guest posting for me today, while my movers are currently packing my house. I love Lacy's eye for the beautiful and her blog is filled with inspirational photos. I especially love all her beautiful tablescapes. Lacy and I share our passion for dinnerware and china. I am excited to see what she has come up with next...

Hi, I am Lacy from The Inspired Nest.  I started blogging last January after falling in love with all the amazing blogs I had been stalking.  I love the idea of keeping a online diary of what I have done, what I would like to do and all of those that inspire me.  I am a stay at home mom and need an outlet to express something I love. Yep, I am being selfish and taking some time to focus on me!  This is the seventh house I have lived in since I got married almost 16 years ago.  I hope this will be my last.  I am trying to make it the house I think it should be on a super tight budget.  I wanted to share one of the projects I have done this year that has made a big impact on my house. 
The post was titled "Liberace is Gone!"
No I have not lost my mind, just an ugly gold ceiling fan I decided needed to be called "Liberace"!



Take a look;

This is what I looked at everyday for the past 2 years!

Gross!!!!
Really? Nothing like brassy gold with shiny laminate blades!

Ughhh!


After shopping online and in stores I just couldn't find a fan that I liked in my price range. My mom sent me a pic of a fan similar to mine that was in a oiled rubbed bronze and suggested that I paint mine. I really wanted this one gone, but after serious shopping I decided to go for the paint.

Yep, that's right I painted right there in my living room.
No guts No glory was my initial pep talk. After hanging all the newspaper and covering everything in sight I got cold feet. But I pushed them on.. And.....

Tada!!! Liberace is gone and a dark oiled rubbed bronze ceiling fan is in!
Even the fan blades got a new coat of paint.
And clear seeded glass globes finish off the new look

So, so, so, so ,so, so much better! Don'tcha think?
I used one can of Oiled Rubbed Bronze spray paint by Rustoleum for the whole project. The seeded glass globes came from Lowe's and cost $21.00 for all three.Total cost was $27.00! Not to shabby to give new life to a perfectly ugly ceiling fan!

This post was on July 15th and I have not once regretted this makeover!  The new paint job has brought this fan from the 80's to today!

Thanks Emily for letting me guest post on your fabulous blog!  I totally understand the crazy life that comes with moving around every few years! 
Merry Christmas to each and every one of you!

Thanks Lacy! I just can't get over that makeover. A perfect example of the power of paint! I love how creative and resourceful Lacy is.  I hope you all enjoyed her. You can see more of her projects over at The Inspired Nest!

Check back Friday for another awesome guest post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails