Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Friday, December 17, 2010

Whipping up Peppermint Patty Cookies with Just For Love {guest post}

Today I am cleaning and preparing my house for our renters so we are hearing from one of my very first readers, Laura from Just For Love! I just love her! She is the sweetest person and her blog always puts a smile on my face and in my heart. Laura writes with such kind, inspiring, and encouraging words. If you ever need to ground yourself or remember to focus on what's important you will find your inspiration at Just For Love. You might find your tummy rumbling too because her recipes can be mouthwatering. Well, lets get in the kitchen and see what Laura's got going on today...


Hello Everyone!

My name is Laura and I blog over at Just For Love. It's my very own little corner of blogland where I get to blend all of my different interests into one spot. I love sharing recipes, tutorials, home decor tips, re-dos, and lots of other neat things I come across along the way. One of my greatest passions is raising funds and awareness for poor and underprivileged people in third world countries, through my blog and etsy shop. Giving is one of the greatest feelings in the world!

I can't tell you how excited I am to be doing a guest post for Emily! Her and I met a couple months ago through our blogs, and have been kindred spirits ever since. Emily is a gem and I simply adore her blog : ) She is always teaching me new things and inspiring me.

Since it's the holiday season and Christmas is right around the corner, I thought I would share my peppermint patty recipe with you all.

Its super simple and absolutely delicious!

Super Easy Peppermint Patties

Ingredients:

~ 1 box of Low Salt Ritz crackers
~ 1 jar of Marshmallow Fluff
~ 1 jar of Nutella
~ 2 1/2 teaspoons mint extract
~ 2 bags of Hershey's dark chocolate chips (you may use any chocolate you like, I prefer Hershey's dark)
~ Green crystal sprinkles


Directions:
~ Mix 2 1/2 teaspoons mint extract into the entire jar of nutella.

~ Cover one side of the Ritz crackers with the peppermint nutella mitxture (cover as many crackers as you want, depending on how many cookies you plan to make).


~ Cover the same amount of crackers with the marshmallow fluff.

~ Sandwich both crackers together to form little patties.


~ Next, place the patties in the freezer for at least 20 minutes to set (otherwise the marshmallow fluff will ooze out everywhere whenever you dip them into the warm chocolate).

~ Slowly melt the Hershey's dark chocolate chips in the microwave. If you prefer using a double boiler, that is fine too.

~ Dip all of the cookies. Garnish with green crystal sprinkles while the chocolate is still warm.


~ Pop the cookies back into the freezer for another 20 minutes to harden.
 

Once the cookies are done chilling, you may serve them right away. I'm warning you...you better make a bunch because these guys don't stick around long.

They're the hit of every party!

I hope you and your family enjoy this simple recipe as much as mine does. Have a very Merry Christmas and a beautiful New Year!
With LOVE,

Ok, wow! If that doesn't make your mouthwater, you might want to have your tastebuds checked. I can't wait to try this once I actually have a kitchen. Thanks so much Laura! If anyone tries this, come back and tell us how it turned out! I hope you all get a chance to pop over to Just For Love and say hi to Laura!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails