Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Monday, August 22, 2011

Progress Report: Bedroom dresser

Well hello there friends! Sorry I have been rather absent lately. This month seems to be disappearing faster than even last month did! We have been busy soaking up every last drop of Alaska's summer. Even though we seem to have been camping and fishing every weekend, I have still made progress on my bedroom dresser project, and I have made a decision! We all know that is 90% of the battle! The dresser will be (now picture Jim Carrey in Liar Liar here)......rooooooooyal blue!  

More specifically I picked out allen + roth's jazz club blue in Valspar from Lowe's. I am pairing it with some awesome burnished brass hardware that, get this, was on CLEARANCE! I paid 49 cents for the knobs and $1.19 for the pulls! Woot, woot!


And finally, I am going to let it shine with a protective coat of glossy polycrylic.

I came to this color choice after some of this inspiration....
House & Home, August 2011
House & Home, August 2011
House & Home, September 2011
And then I want to accessorize in the bedroom with these eclectic, curated looks...

House & Home, June 2011
House & Home, September 2011
So this is what my dresser looks like after I've sanded down its current black state...


And hopefully after a couple coats of this...


And with some accessorizing, hopefully it will look a bit like this...


Can you see my vision for the room now? Wish me luck!

I'm itching to be back here with a before and after reveal!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails