Home About Me Tour Project Gallery As Seen On Advertise Shop

Friday, February 4, 2011

Super Bowl Commercials & Game Time Snacks


It's game time! I like football but I would much prefer to watch it in person or not at all. I do enjoy the time honored tradition of the Super Bowl parties though! No surprise there, huh? I am definitely the girl who if my team isnt playing, I would much rather chat with friends and gorge myself on snacks while waiting for the commercials to come back on. I just love the commercials and cant wait to see what clever advertisers come up with each year.  And the food? Don't get me started! I love any tradition that involves chips and dips, chilis, relish trays, and 7 layer dip!

I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite Super Bowl commercials and commercials from 2010, as well as a couple of my famous Superbowl recipes like my Avocado Cream Dip and my Bacon Cheese Cresent Rollups. Read on to see the videos and get the recipes!

The Commercials
I have never laughed or cried during commercials as much as I do during the Super Bowl. There are some funny and heart warming commercials throughout the year, but the Super Bowl commercials take it to a whole 'nother level. Here is a sampling of some of my favorites from Superbowls and throughout the year.

Subaru "Baby Driver" 2010. This one tugs my heart strings. Now that I am a mom it especially resonates with me. They will always be our babies.


M&M's "You Get In The Bowl" 2010. This cracks me up everytime! I just love it! Such spunk! My husband thinks I like it because it's exactly something I would say and do.


Nissan "Top Gun Pigeons" 1997. This is my husband's favorite funny commercial of all time.


Budweiser "Respect" 2002. This was aired only once during the first Superbowl after 9/11. It makes me cry every time.


Spoiler alert! You can find more of the classic commercials at http://superbowlads.fanhouse.com/, but be warned! The advertisers released their game time ads early and made them available to preview on the site. This might be awesome if you have to work that day or heaven-forbid get caught in the bathroom during the commercials! ;)

The Snacks
Now to the really good stuff! Whether you are bringing a dish to a potluck party or cozying up on the couch with the family at home, you have to have great snacks! My Avocado-Cream Dip has been a party pleaser for years now, and is one of the most requested snack recipes I have.


image source
 Avocado Cream Dip 2 Avocados
1 pkg of cream cheese
1-2 cups of pico de gallo
Fresh lime juice
Salt

Mash the avocados in a mixer bowl. Add the cream cheese and whip together with avocado until smooth. Add in salsa, lime, and salt to taste. Sprinkle some more lime juice over the top to prevent browning. This is especially good served with pita chips or "hint of lime" Tostito chips!



Bacon-Cheese Crescent Rollups
2 rolls of Crescent Rolls
10 strips of crispy cooked bacon, crumbled
16 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
4 TBSP of chopped chives (optional)

Layout the crescent roll dough flat. DO NOT break apart. Cover dough in a layer of shredded cheddar. Sprinkle the bacon crumbles on top and finish with a layer of chives. Roll the dough to create a log. Slice the log into several rolls. Lay flat on cookie sheet and bake as directed on the crescent roll packaging. Can be served with a dollop of sour cream or ranch.


Our team didnt make the Super Bowl this year, and honestly we both havent decided which team to root for yet. So far we dont have many plans for this Super Bowl Sunday because we will still be moving and unpacking in our new home. We have a curling match earlier in themorning but we hope to have the living room and kitchen settled enough by the afternoon to be able to watch the game and enjoy some chili and snacks. (Yes,I did just say curling! We joined a league here in Anchorage and WE LOVE IT!...I am sure there is more to come on that subject)

What are you doing for the game? Any recipes or traditions you'd like to share? What about commercials...what are some of your favorites?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails